Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Things Started: Part Three

"Wait. Part three? What happened to part two?"

I'll tell you what happened to part two. It's called muscle memory. I reached for a mouse that wasn't there and mashed the buttons on my track-ball. One of those buttons is programmed to cycle to the previous web page, and it wasn't a simple matter of cycling back to my blog-in-progress. Also, the auto-save feature on Blog-spot was sleeping on the job.

Ergo, "Part Three" is born a day early. Honestly, there was never supposed to be a part three. Part Two was named "Part Two" because I'm so slack-jawed tired right now I couldn't think of a better title.

There's no art to go with the blog tonight, but I'm going to try and get some storyboards up tomorrow, and maybe some concept art, too. Wait, I might have a few lousy scribbles of costume-sketches sitting around here...

Well, crap. I have some some doodles of pretty girls and a Hawkman sketch that I know I won't finish by Saturday. It's not like I haven't been productive since the last post. Tuesday, I was able to cast a few parts for a test shoot. Believe me, that's major progress. Today, I aimed at getting a test script to shoot from, but this whole "sleep debt" thing left me so addled that I'm obliterating blogs with ham-handed mouse-mashing and trying to drink from an empty cup, which I think has been a fixture on my desk for a few days now (ewww).

Fortunately, genius (or, just memory) struck a few minutes ago when I realized I had not one, but three scripts sitting next to said empty cup. One them just happens to be Act I of the script I'm doing the test shots for. I just have to swap out a name to make a girl a dude, fix the relative pronouns, and I'm ready for storyboards. I aim to put something up tomorrow night.

Look forward to more meaningful content in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment