Monday, April 5, 2010

Getting Things Started




This is my first blog site, and I distrust my rationale for starting it. The idea behind "IMPERFICTION" is that showcasing the progress on my art and writing projects will keep me focused long enough to see them through to completion.


You see, I'm notorious for generating ideas, sharing them, and then basking in the "oohs" and "ahhs" of my audience. Their praise restores my belief in my potential, and I enjoy the buzz. Once I come down from that brief high I find that I have absolutely no motivation for finishing the ideas that once sounded so great.

The buzz was my motivation. I move on to the next big idea, which never evolves beyond a concept, an outline, or some sketches, no matter how adamant I am that this time will be different.


New plan: I'm not going to tell you what the projects are about. I'll keep the core concepts under wraps as best I can, and just share what's born from them. Hopefully, the pictures and excerpts that I post on this blog will generate "oohs" and "ahhs" a-plenty, or else I have a whole other problem on the back end (i.e. maybe, I suck).


Hopefully, this blog is not just another false start for another brainstorm. I may need to grab a Sharpie and write "blog" on the back of my hand for a couple of weeks until updating this thing becomes a habit. We'll see.


Thanks for reading!


Patrick






No comments:

Post a Comment